Thursday, November 8, 2007

Todd's New Kidney

So happy to report that my friend Todd received a new kidney today, from his father, and it's working properly!!! That a human being can get a new kidney in less than 3 hours is ridiculous, but we couldn't be happier today for Todd, Alyssa and (Little Miss) Rebecca Kussin, not to mention everyone else in Todd's family. They have been through so much, and deserve the all the good health and happiness that is sure to come as a result of this amazing example of sacrifice and modern medicinal success...

I struggled in my own mind whether or not to be there (with a kidney) for my dear friend but, ultimately, the needs of my own family won out. That said, I've since registered to become an organ donor, in Todd's honor, and hope that one day I'm able to help someone else...


No comments: